Social Media Guidelines
Comal ISD’s social media accounts are meant to be another source of information to the community, as well as a place for the District to engage with its stakeholders. We welcome the opportunity to hear from you and encourage your participation.
At the same time, we would like to establish some rules for engagement. We expect that the people who engage with us online to exercise civility and common sense. Please remember that comments can be viewed by many people in our community and are considered to be in the public domain. While the district does not want to limit the opinions or comments of its community members, certain types of comments will not be tolerated.
Specifically, we request those who post do not make comments that:
- Are vulgar or profane;
- Contain personal attacks or accusations;
- Could be offensive to or target specific ethnic or racial groups;
- Incite violence;
- Encourage others to break the law;
- Could be considered campaigning for a political office;
- Identify students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive, or derogatory way;
- Promote services or products;
- or Are rude or deride the opinions of others.
Any person failing to adhere to the above guidelines risks having their comments removed or their account restricted or banned from making future comments.
Thank you for observing our guidelines of engagement. If you have any questions or concerns about the District’s social media accounts, please contact us at [email protected].