Electronic Devices and Technology Resources
Possession and Use of Personal Electronic Devices, Telecommunications Devices, Including Mobile Telephones
For safety purposes, the district permits students to possess personal telecommunications and other electronic devices in school; however, these devices are subject to the Student Code of Conduct, Acceptable Use Policy, and the discretion of the district and campus administration and personnel.
In addition, the following applies to all students:
- A student shall obtain prior approval before using personal telecommunications or other electronic devices for on-campus instructional purposes. [See policy FNCE].
- All personal telecommunications or other personal electronic devices must remain silenced or turned off and put away to prevent disruption to the learning environment. However, students may use personal telecommunications or other personal electronic devices while on campus during these designated times only - High School- before school and after school, during lunch, and during passing periods. Middle School- before school and after school. Elementary School-no use.
- The use of mobile telephones or any device capable of capturing images or video is strictly prohibited in locker rooms or restroom areas while at school or at a school-related or a school-sponsored event.
- 1st offense - Warning + parent notification
- 2nd offense - $5.00 administrative fee + parent notification
- 3rd offense - $10.00 administrative fee + parent notification
- 4th+ offense - $15.00 administrative fee + parent notification