Now open for all students
Welcome to Comal ISD! We are pleased that you have chosen our district as the place for your child's education. Whether you recently moved to the area or have been here for a while, we want to help make the registration process as smooth as possible.
Registration for the 2022-23 school year begins via Skyward Parent Portal is now open for ALL students, new and returning.
Required Documents for All students including Pre-K, Kindergarten, new and returning:
- One proof of residency - a mortgage or lease agreement, or a recent utility bill from the electric, gas, water or cable company associated with your residence. This document must be current, dated within 30 days of registration. If you do not own or rent the residence where you live, complete a notarized Residency Statement and upload it with other documents.
- Immunization record from previous school or family doctor
- Unofficial transcript or last report card (New students to Comal ISD)
- Birth certificate (New students to Comal ISD)
- Social security number (optional for new students to Comal ISD)
- Parents must provide proof of identity and custody papers (if required).
New to Comal ISD: You will NOT receive a message stating that your registration is being processed. When your registration form is approved by the campus, "Family Access" in Skyward will appear in the drop down next to the house icon, and you will see your student's name, the current school year (2022-23) and the campus where they are enrolled, which means the registration was approved. If "Family Access" does not appear, click on the drop down next to the house icon and select New Student Enrollment. The tile to the far right will either say "Submitted" (waiting for the campus to review) or "Denied." If the tile says "denied," click on it and to review a message from the campus explaining what may be missing.
Returning to Comal ISD: Parents of returning students will receive a message in the top right corner of Skyward under "My Messages" and an email when their registration has been approved.