Assessment & Accountability
What You Need to Know about Comal ISD’s Accountability Rating
- Texas provides annual academic accountability ratings to districts and schools.
- The ratings look at student achievement, student progress, closing the achievement gap and postsecondary readiness.
- Comal ISD received an overall rating of "B" for 2018 Accountability.
- All 28 campuses received "met standard" in 2018.
- In 2019, campuses will receive a letter grade of A, B, C, D or F for the first time in the new accountability system.
- Campuses are also eligible to earn up to 7 Distinction Designations for achievement in several areas. In 2018, 22 campuses earned a total of 57 distinctions - a number that has steadily increased over the last 3 years.
- TEA has developed an A-F Accountability Resource Page to help provide answers to many questions. Videos and podcasts are included on this page.
- Visit Txschools.org to look-up how Texas schools and districts performed.