Comal ISD provides an aligned standards-based science program that cultivates scientifically literate students. The use of scientific processes including inquiry methods, analyzing information, and using tools to collect and record information will promote life-long application of the scientific concepts to enable students to make informed decisions as they participate in a changing society.
Helpful Science Links
How can I find out what my child is learning?
- Science Curriculum Year-at-a-Glance Documents
- Texas Education Agency Science Homepage
- STAAR Science Resources
How can I help my child in science?
- Literacy in the Sciences Tip Sheets
- Texas Gateway Interactive Science Glossary
- Texas Gateway TEKS Resources
- Scholastic Study Jams
- Study Edge Open-Source Instructional Materials (Chemistry and Physics)
- OpenStax Open-Source Instructional Materials (Physics, AP Physics 1&2, AP Biology)
- Khan Academy (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- Science News For Students