The mission of the CISD Counseling Department is to increase student’s academic performance through the strategic implementation of data driven and research based whole-person interventions allowing us to solidify systemic connections for students and families ensuring that all students will be able to predict and engage in meaningful experiences as they prepare to be career, military, and/or college ready.
We accomplish this with the implementation of the Texas Model for Comprehensive School Counseling which consists of four main service delivery components:
- guidance curriculum to help students develop their full educational potential, including the student’s interests and career objectives
- responsive services component to intervene on behalf of any student whose immediate personal concerns or problems put the student’s continued educational, career, personal, or social development at risk
- individual planning system to guide a student as the student plans, monitors, and manages the student’s own educational, career, personal, and social development; and
- system support to support the efforts of teachers, staff, parents, and other members of the community in promoting the educational, career, personal, and social development of students.
The primary responsibility of a school counselor is to counsel students to fully develop each student’s academic, career, personal, and social abilities. In addition, the school counselor shall:
- participate in planning, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive developmental guidance program to serve all students and to address the special needs of students.
- consult with a student’s parent or guardian and make referrals as appropriate in consultation with the student’s parent or guardian;
- consult with a school staff, parents, and other community members to help them increase the effectiveness of student education and promote student success;
- coordinate people and resources in the school, home, and community;
- with the assistance of school staff, interpret standardized test results and other assessment data that help a student make educational and career plans;
- deliver classroom guidance activities or serve as a consultant to teachers conducting lessons based on the school’s guidance curriculum.
- Serve as an impartial, non-reporting resource for interpersonal conflicts and discord involving two or more students, including accusations of bullying, under Section 37.0832.
- Intrapersonal Effectiveness
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Post-Secondary Education and Career Readiness
- Personal Health and Safety
Es norma de Comal Independent Distrito Escolar no discriminar por base de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo o impedimento, en sus programas de Educación y Carreras Técnicas servicios o actividades vocacionales, tal como lo requiere el Título VI de la enmienda de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, el Título IX de las enmiendas de Educación, de 1972, y las enmiendas de la Sección 504 del Acta de Rehabilitación de 1973.