Helpful Parent Information & Links
The vision of the Comal ISD Department of Special Education Services is to empower children by preparing them in the development of academic and social-emotional skills leading to future education, employment and independent living.
We are here to HELP! Please feel free to contact members of the Department of Special Education Services.
Additional Resources (PDFs)
Additional Resources (websites)
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- ADA Amendments Act of 2008
- Office for Civil Rights, Education
- Education Service Center Region 20
- Education Service Center Region 13
- Texas Project First
- Resources - Texas Education Agency
- Any Baby Can
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide
- Supplemental Special Education Services (SSES)
- The Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update: IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR FAMILIES TO UNDERSTAND
- Actualización del manual de dislexia 2021: CAMBIOS IMPORTANTES QUE LAS FAMILIAS DEBEN ENTENDER
- Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update
- Student Handbook Statement: English
- Student Handbook Statement: Spanish
- About Early Childhood Intervention
- What is Special Education (video)
- What is Special Education?
- How to Request a Special Education Evaluation
We provide information and resources that can help you understand your child’s disability, your rights, and responsibilities under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), and facilitate collaboration that supports the development and delivery of services to children with disabilities in our state.