Bill Brown Elementary
for Bill Brown Elementary
The current playgrounds at BBES will be replaced with new playgrounds that will follow the district-wide standard. The new play areas will include:
- Covered play areas and gathering spaces
- New play equipment including swings, slides, and other playscapes
- Artificial turf in play area
- All play areas will be accessible for all students
Estimated project completion date: Spring 2024
Additional Projects for BBES
- Exterior drainage infrastructure will be enhanced to reduce the potential for flooding. Estimated project completion date: Fall 2023.
Safety and Security Upgrades
- The current vestibule and entrance area will be reconfigured to improve safety and be in alignment with other vestibules in the district. Complete
- The existing gym flooring and lighting will be replaced to meet current district standards. The lighting also will be replaced with energy-efficient LED light fixtures. Complete
- Impact-resistant tinted window film will be installed in certain areas of the building to enhance security. Estimated project completion date: December 2023.
New campus fencing will be installed around the perimeter of the school to improve security. Fencing also will be installed adjacent to the building to better control campus access. Estimated project completion date: Fall 2023.
Digital security cameras and related equipment will be upgraded to enhance security. Estimated project completion date: Summer 2022.
Student & Teacher Instructional Technology
- Teacher laptop updates will improve reliability, security and speed. Estimated project completion date: Summer 2023.
- Additional devices will increase laptop availability and speed for students. Estimated project completion date: Summer 2022.
- New digital devices will improve classroom projection, display and compatibility. Estimated project completion date: Summer 2023.
- Network improvements will enhance system security and reliability. Estimated project completion date: Spring 2023.