Welcome to Comal ISD! We are pleased that you have chosen our district as the place for your child's education. Whether you recently moved to the area or have been here for a while, we want to help make the enrollment process as smooth as possible.
Official enrollment for the 2022-23 school year will take place via Skyward Parent Portal on the following dates:
- April 18-29
- Pre-K (State Mandated half-day and full-day)
- May 2-6
- Returning Elementary and New Pre-K – 12th grade students
- August 2-4
- Returning Secondary Students
- August 8-12
Kindergarten Enrollment will take place from April 18 to 29. A child must have reached five years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year to be eligible to attend kindergarten. Please note that Kindergarten enrollment is a two-step process. You will use the Skyward Portal to complete the first step in the student enrollment process. This is also where you will view your child’s attendance and grades throughout the year. The second step in the enrollment process will occur in August at which time you will verify your student’s information and submit an updated proof of residency. A reminder message with more details will be sent closer to this date.
Pre-K enrollment for the 2022-23 school year will be held May 2-6 for State-Mandated half-day and full-day programs at the following campuses:
- Bill Brown Elem.
- Clear Spring Elem.
- Goodwin Frasier Elem.
- Kinder Ranch Elem.
- Morningside Elem.
- Rebecca Creek Elem.
- Startzville Elem.
Required Documents for both Pre-K, Kindergarten, and new students to Comal ISD
The following documents are required to enroll any new student in Comal ISD:
- One proof of residency (mortgage, lease, or bills cable, home phone, electric, gas, or water) associated with your residence. The proof of residency document must be dated within 30 days of registration.
- Immunization record from previous school or family doctor
- Unofficial transcript or last report card
- Birth certificate
- Social security number (optional)
- Parents must provide proof of identity and custody papers (if required).