Children who are four years of age who meet certain eligibility criteria are invited to enroll in Comal ISD’s Pre-Kindergarten program for the 2021-22 school year. Pre-K provides young children with a foundation for academic, social, and emotional growth and fosters school readiness.
Enrollment for this state-mandated program begins Monday, May 3, through our Skyward Parent Portal. Enroll by May 7.
- If you have another child already enrolled in a Comal ISD school, log in to your Skyward account and choose New Student Enrollment from the drop-down menu next to the house icon. Then choose the 2021-22 PK New Student tile to enroll your student.
- If you have not registered any child in a Comal ISD school, request a Skyward account. After you submit this information, you will receive an email from COMAL ISD with a username and a link to reset the password for your account.
Students must be four years old before Sept. 1 to be eligible. They also must be a child who:
- Speaks limited English – be a Proficiency/English Language Learner;
- Has a parent active in the U.S. Military;
- Has a parent in the U.S. armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Is a member of a family who is homeless;
- Is currently, or has been in foster care;
- Is eligible for Free/Reduced Lunch Program according to USDA Guidelines; or
- Has a parent eligible for Star of Texas Award
Parents or guardians must provide the following, plus additional documents, to demonstrate a child’s eligibility:
- A birth certificate
- An immunization record
- A Social Security card
- A parent ID
- Proof of residency – utility bill or lease contract with physical address
Additional documents may be required to determine eligibility. See Pre-Kinder website.
Students who meet eligibility criteria will need to be enrolled in the pre-k designated campus listed for their corresponding attendance zone, including:
- Kinder Ranch Elementary – Serves: Kinder Ranch; Specht; Timberwood Park; and Indian Springs Elementary Schools
- Bill Brown Elementary – Serves: Bill Brown; Johnson Ranch; Rahe Bulverde; and Arlon Seay Elementary Schools
- Clear Spring Elementary – Serves: Clear Spring and Freiheit Elementary Schools
- Morningside Elementary – Serves: Morningside and Garden Ridge Elementary Schools
- Goodwin Frazier Elementary – Serves: Goodwin Frazier; Hoffmann Lane; and Oak Creek Elementary Schools
Transportation will be provided to school for morning Pre-K and from school for afternoon Pre-K programs. Busing will not be provided midday.
- *Rebecca Creek Elementary – Serves Rebecca Creek and Mountain Valley Elementary Schools
- *Startzville Elementary – Serves Startsville and Mountain Valley Elementary Schools
*Attend Rebecca Creek Elementary if you live west of Purgatory Road at FM 32 or west of South Access Road at FM 306. Attend Startzville Elementary if you live east of Purgatory Road at FM 32 or east of South Access Road at FM 306
For more information on Pre-K enrollment, see Comal ISD’s Pre-Kinder State Mandated Program page or call Comal ISD at 830-221-2694 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Learn more about 2021-22 Student Enrollment for new and returning students.