Off Campus Physical Education
The purpose of the Off Camus Physical Education (OCPE) Program is to accommodate students who are making a serious effort to develop higher-level skills in a specific activity that exceed what the school district can offer through the general physical education program.
The OCPE Program allows students in 6th through 12th grades to earn credits that meet the district and state physical education requirements. Students will be expected to be physically educated, along with being physically active. They will be expected to show accountability of skill development, learned physical activity and health concepts, and social development through participation in their selected physical activity and demonstrated mastery of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Physical Education.
State Requirements for Category I Olympic-Caliber OCPE Program:
- Participation that includes a minimum of 15 hours per week of highly intensive, professional, supervised training at an approved training facility (see CISD Approved Agency List).
- Competition at a state, national or Olympic level.
- Dismissal from school for the first or last class period of the day. Students qualifying to participate at this level may not miss any other class other than physical education.
Comal ISD OCPE Student Information:
Comal ISD OCPE Student Application Window is now closed. The 21-22 Approval Window will open May 1, 2021.
- Step 1: Review the OCPE Program Requirements and Grading Guidelines to determine interest and eligibility.
- Step 2: Check to see if your agency is on the current CISD Approved Agency List. If not, please see the Agency Information below.
- Step 3: Complete the CISD OCPE Student Application posted annually on May 1st.
- Step 4: Submit the last 2 pages of the Student Application to your Middle/High School campus counselor who will inform you of approval.
*Student Off Campus PE Applications are required annually and due by June 1st each year*
Comal ISD OCPE Agency Information:
The 21-22 Comal ISD/TEA OCPE Agency Approval Window is now open.
- Step 1: Review the CISD Approved Agencies List for 21-22.
- Step 2: If your agency is NOT listed, please review How to Become an Approved Agency.
- Step 3: Review and Complete the Last 2 pages of the Agency Responsibilities and Cooperative Agreement.
- Step 4: Send the last 2 pages of the Agency Responsibilities & Cooperative Agreement to the CISD Director for PE/Health/Wellness to schedule an agency interview for approval.
*Agencies must apply for approval every 3 years. Agency approval requests are due by April 30th each year.*