Hallway Heroes is a Comal ISD program that encourages parents, relatives and community members to serve as positive role models on campus, while also being an extra set of eyes and ears to enhance school safety. Hallway Heroes aims to engage anyone who is interested in volunteering.
You must be approved by the district as a volunteer before you can get started. Please complete our Online Volunteer Background Check Form at least two weeks prior to the event or date needed to volunteer.
Please see the flyer and FAQs below for additional information.
Who can volunteer as a Hallway Hero?
Anyone can volunteer to be a Hallway Hero. Parents, relatives and community members. All volunteers must be approved by the district before volunteering, and must complete our online background check at least two weeks prior to the date needed to volunteer.
How do I become a Hallway Hero?
First, make sure to fill out our Online Volunteer Background Check Form. Then contact your campus to sign up for a day to volunteer. Keep in mind your background check must be approved by the district before you can volunteer.
What do Hallway Heroes do?
As a Hallway Hero, you might:
- Engage and talk with students throughout the campus
- Serve as a mentor for a small group of students
- Interact with students during special classes and social times throughout the day
- Provide support during campus-wide events
- Support the arrival/dismissal process
- Provide an extra set of eyes to inspect gates and doors to ensure they are functioning properly
- Conduct safety assessments of the campus and report findings to administration
- Share your experiences and/or career with students who might be interest in these areas
- Provide support for after-school/evening activites
Do I have to volunteer for the full day?
No, you can volunteer as much time as you would like or are able to. If you are only able to come help out in the morning or part of the day, great! Your campus appreciates any time you are able to serve and will work with you to schedule your volunteer day.