Requesting a Copy of Special Education Records
Each Parent/Guardian/Adult Student will receive a copy of the Individual Education Plan (IEP) and current Full Individual Evaluation (FIE) or Reevaluation (REED) (when reviewed at a meeting) from the Case Manager following each Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee meeting.
To Request Copies of Current or Historical Special Education Documents, Comal ISD will need the following information:
- Student's full name
- Date of Birth
- Campus of Attendance
- Date of Graduation or Withdrawal (if applicable)
- Requestor's Name
- Requestor's Contact Information
- Delivery Method Preference:
- Email via Secure File Transfer Portal to email address provided during Registration process
- Pick up at Support Services Building
- Pick up at student's current campus (allow 1 extra day to process)
- Mailed via USPS (Restrictions apply, please contact us for details)
How to Submit Your Request:
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call SpEd PEIMS Data Management & Records Department at (830) 221-2103
- Fax written request to: (830) 221-2005, Attention: LeAnne Taylor/Courtney Garcia (Note: Records will not be transferred via fax so please include your Delivery Method Preference from the list above).
Requests from Other Schools
Requests for Special Education Records of students entering a new school district, private school, or post secondary school may be submitted using any of the following methods:
- eSped from any district using that program
- TREx from any TEXAS district not using eSped
- Written request emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Written request faxed to 830-221-2005 Attn: LeAnne Taylor/Courtney Garcia (Note: Records will not be transferred via fax so please include your Delivery Method Preference from the list above).