All Comal ISD campuses will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, Feb. 18, and Friday, Feb. 19. We are making the call to close for the remainder of the week based on the following factors:
- The weather forecast has additional freezing rain and snow moving into our area overnight and into Thursday morning making travel hazardous. We want to ensure that it is completely safe for our buses and student drivers before allowing the on the road.
- We know that many of our campuses have experienced significant water issues from broken pipes, both inside and outside of the buildings. Our maintenance crews will be working over the next several days to make repairs and get the building ready for students and staff to return on Monday.
- Power obviously continues to be an issue throughout our region, and we do not want to bring students and staff back until we know that the power issue has stabilized.
Finally, we know that this past week has been stressful for all our families as we all have been dealing with loss of power, heat, and water. As the weather gradually warms, our attention will turn to fixing broken pipes, restocking our pantries, and getting things situated back to normal. We want to make sure you have plenty of time to take care of your situation, whatever that may be.
So please, continue to stay warm and safe, and we will see you on Monday.
- Canyon HS Girls Basketball playoff game has moved to 7 p.m. on Monday at CHS. (Updated Date & Time)
- Smithson Valley Boys Basketball playoff game has moved to 7 p.m. on Saturday at Judson (Updated Date & Time)
- Davenport Boys Basketball Round 1 playoff game has moved to 2 p.m. on Saturday at DHS.
Please note that this information is subject to change and will be updates as soon as its available.