Visiting a Campus
In an effort to maintain the safety and security of all Comal ISD campuses, the district provides uniform procedures to both control access and manage visitors to our facilities. In an effort to better protect our campuses, front offices will not be accessible to the public without staff allowing access.
The following outlines the general procedures for entering our facilities.
Process for Visitors Entering a Comal ISD Campus
- Office staff will grant access to the front office for check-in.
- Visitors will be asked to provide a valid, state/federal issued identification card, which will be scanned using our visitor management system, and to identify the purpose for their visit.
- If the scan meets school/site criteria, the visitor will be allowed appropriate access after receiving a visitor’s badge.
- All visitors must wear their visitor's badge at all times while in the facility.
- The visitor will be requested to return to the office to return their badge, and check out when their visit is completed to be logged out of the system.
Comal ISD Employees Not Assigned to the Campus/Site
- Comal ISD employees who have a district badge visible do not have to generate a visitor badge, but should still sign in to the front office.
- Comal ISD employees who do not have a district badge visible will be required to scan their Driver’s License or ID Card into the visitor management system.
- Comal ISD employees are requested to check out from the front office when their visit is completed.
Law Enforcement/Emergency Responders/Government Officials
- Law enforcement and other first responders should bypass the sign-in process when responding to an emergency.
- Law enforcement, first responders or other government personnel on official business should be asked to present their identification similar to other visitors. However, these visitors have an option to show their badge or agency-issued identification to bypass having their ID scanned into the visitor management system.
- In non-emergency situations or when not conducting official business, visiting responders should sign in to the visitor log.