New to Comal ISD?
All student enrollment (Pre-K – 12) at Comal ISD occurs online, through our Skyward parent portal. Skyward provides parents with access to their child’s school information including grades, class schedules, attendance and more.
If you’re a parent or guardian of a new student, first request a Skyward account. After you submit this information, you will receive an email from COMAL ISD with a username and a link to reset the password for your account.
Before you get started, make sure you have a digital copy of the following documents before you begin the enrollment process:
- A proof of residency – a mortgage or lease agreement, or a recent utility bill from the electric, gas, water, or cable company. If you don't own or rent the residence where you live, complete a notarized Residency Statement (see left column) and upload it with other documents.
- An immunization record from your previous school or family doctor
- An unofficial transcript or report card from your previous school
- Your child’s birth certificate
Comal ISD annually determines the availability of student transfers for each school/K-12 grade level based on projected enrollment, classroom capacity, Board of Trustees-approved cap, District and state staffing ratios, the growth rate for each school and other critical factors.
In-District Transfers: Students K-12 who live in Comal ISD and are interested in attending a campus outside of their assigned attendance boundary may do so by submitting a student transfer application.
Out-of-District Transfers: If you do not live in Comal ISD, you may apply for open enrollment at one of our eligible campuses. An out-of-district K-12 transfer application must be completed and approved by the by the district prior to student enrollment at the campus level.
The following documents must be uploaded within the secure application process. Please be prepared to submit the following in a pdf or jpeg format:
- Most recent report card
- Attendance record
- Discipline record (must obtain from current school; if no record, a screen printout of the student search or a statement from an administrator on letterhead is acceptable)
Complete the 2020-21 Student Transfer Application.
For questions regarding student transfers, contact the Comal ISD/Legal Services at 830-221-2124 or 830-221-2086.