Remote Learning Tips
Remote learning students have the same assignments and expectations they would have if they were a student on campus. They will be accountable for daily attendance, live online discussion, assignments, grading, and testing. They will rely on technology and digital resources to connect to each of their classes and complete required assignments.
Students use a secure log in through ClassLink to access remote learning programs. If you have problems logging in to ClassLink, contact the Student Support Center at 830-221-2694.
Use these tips to help you succeed with remote learning:
- Have a comfortable, dedicated workspace, like the kitchen table or a desk.
- Limit distractions around you, such as a TV or gaming system, during class time.
- Check your tech. Have computers plugged in and charged. Have a strong internet connection.
- Create a daily routine in line with your class schedule.
- Wake up at a set time. Get dressed. Eat breakfast. Log in before class begins. Eat lunch during your assigned time.
- Connect to class. Know how to log in to ClassLink and your learning management system – Seesaw, Google Classroom or Echo.
- If children are sharing a device, one child should log out of their account before the other logs in.
- Communicate. Participate in live discussion during synchronous instruction.
- Take breaks. Step away from the screen. Grab a healthy snack or drink. Make time for physical activity.
- Keep tabs on assignments. Check each class every day for new assignments.and deadlines.