Remote Learning Tips
Students enrolled in Remote Learning will have the same assignments and expectations as their fellow students who attend on-campus instruction. Remote learning students will be accountable for daily attendance, live online discussion, assignments, grading, and testing just like their peers on-campus. They will rely on technology and digital resources to connect to each of their classes and complete required assignments.
Students will use a secure log in, through ClassLink, to access remote learning programs this year. If you have problems logging in to ClassLink, call the Remote Learning Help Desk at 830-221-2694.
Check out these tips to be better prepared for remote learning:
- Have a comfortable, dedicated workspace, like the kitchen table or a desk.
- Limit distractions around you, such as a TV or gaming system, during class time.
- Check your tech. Have computers plugged in and charged. Have a strong internet connection.
- Create a daily routine in line with your class schedule.
- Wake up at a set time. Get dressed. Eat breakfast. Log in before class begins. Eat lunch during your assigned time.
- Connect to class. Know how to log in to ClassLink and your learning management system – Seesaw, Google Classroom or Echo.
- If children are sharing a device, one child should log out of their account before the other logs in.
- Communicate. Participate in live discussion during synchronous instruction.
- Take breaks. Step away from the screen. Grab a healthy snack or drink. Make time for physical activity.
- Keep tabs on assignments. Check each class every day for new assignments.and deadlines.