New Student to Comal ISD
Registration for the 2022-23 School Year begins Monday, July 25, for all Comal ISD students (regardless of grade). Registration will be completed online through the Skyward Portal.
Before You Begin Registration
Make sure you have a digital copy of the following documents:
- A proof of residency – a mortgage or lease agreement, or a recent utility bill from the electric, gas, water, or cable company. This document must be current, dated within 30 days of registration. If you do not own or rent the residence where you live, complete a notarized Residency Statement and upload it with other documents
- An immunization record from your previous school or family doctor
- An unofficial transcript or report card from your previous school
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Parents must provide proof of identity and custody papers (if required)
Instructions for New Student Enrollment in Skyward
If you are the parent or guardian of a new student,
- Begin by requesting a Skyward account. After you submit this information, you should receive an email from COMAL ISD with a username and a link to reset the password and set up your account.
- Open Skyward and choose the New Student Enrollment option. When the dashboard opens, choose the KG-12 New Student tile to begin. If you’re looking to register for the Pre-K program, click on the Pre-K New Student tile for eligibility requirements and to begin registration.
- Skyward will lead you, step-by-step, through the registration process.
- Secondary Students (grades 6-12) have one final step after completing the online registration in Skyward. The final step is to meet with their campus counselor to create a personalized schedule.
For helpful tips using Skyward to enroll, watch this video.
Registration for each student will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. If you have multiple students, register one student at a time. Some information will be shared on the record for each of your students.
- The Skyward app cannot be used for registration. However, use it this year to check your child’s grades, attendance and more.
If you have questions about the registration process, call 830-221-2694, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Thursday.