Tasks for Grades K-2
- With your parents, read at least two new books by the start of school. You can find a list of selections by clicking on this link for the Texas Library Association’s 2x2 List. Do something fun to share your book. A menu of response ideas can be found here.
- Engage in the fun activities provided by the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge. Click here for more information.
- You can be a published poet. Click on the link to find opportunities to publish your prized pieces.
- Complete the family Summer Math Challenge daily at Quantiles.com. Register here. Print the certificate at the end of the 6-week challenge and turn it in at your school during the first week of school.
- In this book you can learn about the National Historic Preservation Act, complete fun activities, and explore ways you can help protect this nation’s cultural resources! Earn your Junior Ranger Badge. Click the link to download an activity book.
- Understand more about who we are and where we came from by sharing a great family tradition you’ve been a part of this summer. Share photos of your traditions.
- Gear up your scientific mind by making some observations about the world around you. Go outside and explore your surroundings!
- Become more involved with STEM during the summer time with this family friendly summer calendar. Click on the link for the STEM Summer Calendar here and team up with your family!
Post your progress on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #ComalPreSeason19