Enrollment - New Students
Enrollment for the 2021-22 School Year begins Monday, July 26, for students new to Comal ISd (regardless of grade). Enrollment will be completed online through our Skyward Portal.
Before You Begin Enrollment
For new students, make sure you have a digital copy of the following documents:
- A proof of residency – a mortgage or lease agreement, or a recent utility bill from the electric, gas, water, or cable company. This document must be current – dated within 30 days of enrollment. If you don't own or rent the residence where you live, complete a notarized Residency Statement and upload it with other documents
- An immunization record from your previous school or family doctor
- An unofficial transcript or report card from your previous school
- Your child’s birth certificate
Instructions for New Student Enrollment in Skyward
If you are the parent or guardian of a new student,
- Begin by requesting a Skyward account. After you submit this information, you should receive an email from COMAL ISD with a username and a link to reset the password and set up your account.
- Open Skyward and choose the New Student Enrollment option. When the dashboard opens, choose the KG-12 New Student tile to begin. If you’re looking to register for the Pre-K program, click on the Pre-K New Student tile for eligibility requirements and to begin enrollment.
- Skyward will lead you, step-by-step, through the enrollment process.
For helpful tips using Skyward to enroll, watch this video.
Registration for each student will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. If you have multiple students, enroll one student at a time. Some information will be shared on the record for each of your students.
- Once your enrollment is completed and approved, you may see a tile in Skyward Parent Access for "Returning Student Enrollment." You do not need access this tile.
- The Skyward app cannot be used for enrollment. However, use it this year to check your child’s grades, attendance and more.
If you have questions about the enrollment process, call 830-221-2694, Monday-Thursday, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.