Health & Safety During Graduation
What is being done to protect graduates, audience members and staff from spreading COVID-19?
In addition to the health screener located on the back of your ticket,
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located in multiple areas around the stadium;
- Staff members will be on-site to help monitor physical distancing requirements among graduates and attendees;
- Seating has been marked to ensure each group has adequate space;
- Physical contact between graduates and District officials will be limited by placing diplomas on chairs;
- Certain ceremony components will be pre-recorded to eliminate the need for other student groups to be on-site (i.e. band members, etc.);
- Face masks will be provided to each graduate to wear when entering the stadium; audience members are strongly encouraged to wear face masks or cloth coverings in areas where physical distancing may be hard to maintain.
What if I have had some of the symptoms listed on the ticket?
If you have experienced any of the symptoms listed you will need to stay home and watch the ceremony broadcast. This is to protect our graduates, participants and CISD staff members. The ceremony will be live broadcast for anyone who is unable to attend the ceremony.
Will I be required to wear a mask?
While it is not a requirement, we would encourage you to wear a mask or cloth face covering at times when physical distancing cannot be maintained (i.e. entering gates, moving to seating areas, etc.) Each graduate will be given a mask at check-in to wear during the entry processional.
Will graduates be required to wear the mask they are provided?
We will be providing a face mask for each graduate to wear, if they choose, when they are entering the stadium as this will be the only time that physical distancing will be difficult to maintain. Once they are seated, they will be able to remove their masks.