Visiting a Campus
- Follow routine visitor management check-in procedures
- Complete the health screener
- Sanitize their hands
- Maintain social distancing guidelines
- Wear a face covering when distancing cannot be maintained
In an effort to maintain the safety and security of all Comal ISD campuses, the district provides uniform procedures to both control access and manage visitors to our facilities. In an effort to better protect our campuses, front offices will not be accessible to the public without staff allowing access.
The following outlines the general procedures for entering our facilities.
Process for Visitors Entering a Comal ISD Campus
- Office staff will grant access to the front office for check-in.
- Visitors will be asked to provide a valid, state/federal issued identification card, which will be scanned using our Raptor system, and to identify the purpose for their visit.
- If the scan meets school/site criteria, the visitor will be allowed appropriate access after receiving a visitor’s badge.
- All visitors must wear their visitor's badge at all times while in the facility.
- The visitor will be requested to return to the office to return their badge, and check out when their visit is completed to be logged out of the system.
Comal ISD Employees Not Assigned to the Campus/Site
- Comal ISD employees who have a District badge visible should be signed in and out without having to generate a Raptor visitor badge.
- Comal ISD employees who do not have a badge visible will be required to scan their Driver’s License or ID Card into the Raptor system.
- Comal ISD employees are requested to leave through the office to check out when their visit is completed.
Law Enforcement/Emergency Responders/Government Officials
- Law enforcement and other first responders should bypass the sign-in process if responding to an emergency.
- Law enforcement, first responders or other government personnel on official business should be asked to present their identification similar to other visitors. However, these visitors have an option to show their badge or state-issued identification and bypass Raptor screening.