Enrollment - New Students
Enrollment is underway for all students who will be new to a Comal ISD school this fall or students who will be enrolling in pre-kindergarten. Enrollment will occur online through our Skyward parent portal.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOUR ENROLLMENT IS COMPLETED AND APPROVED, YOU MAY SEE IN YOUR PARENT ACCESS A TILE FOR "RETURNING STUDENT ENROLLMENT." PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THIS.
If you’re a parent or guardian of a new student, click here to request a Skyward account. After you submit this information, you should receive an email from COMAL ISD with a username and a link to reset the password for your account.
Before you get started...
- Make sure you have a digital copy of the following documents before you begin the enrollment process:
- A proof of residency – a mortgage or lease agreement, or a recent utility bill from the electric, gas, water, or cable company. If you don't own or rent the residence where you live, complete a notarized Residency Statement (see left column) and upload it with other documents.
- An immunization record from your previous school or family doctor
- An unofficial transcript or report card from your previous school
- Your child’s birth certificate
How to enroll
Open Skyward and choose the New Student Enrollment option. When the dashboard opens, choose the KG-12 New Student tile to begin. If you’re looking to register for the Pre-K program, click on the Pre-K New Student tile for eligibility requirements and to begin enrollment.
Skyward will lead you, step-by-step, through the enrollment process. Registration for each student will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. If you have multiple students, enroll one student at a time. Some information will be shared on each student’s record.
On-Campus Enrollment Help
Having trouble enrolling your new student? Don't have a computer or internet access?
Call your campus to schedule an appointment for on-campus help.
Help is available August 4-6, 8-4 p.m. (by appointment only)
If you have questions about the enrollment process, please contact your child's campus between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.