Pre-Kinder State-Mandated Program
Comal ISD’s Prekindergarten program is a state-mandated program located at a central campus in your child’s attendance zone. To be eligible for enrollment in the state-mandated, Pre-K program, a child must be four years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language: or
- Be educationally disadvantaged (Qualify for free/reduced lunch) please see below for IEGs; or
- Be homeless, as defined by 43 U.S.C. Section 11302; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Currently or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201; or
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
What are the Required Documents for Registration?
- Official Birth Certificate
- Photo Identification of parent/guardian enrolling student. Acceptable forms of ID include: Driver's License, Passport, DPS Issued ID Card, or Military ID.
- Childs Social Security number
- Current immunization record signed by physician
- 1 Proof of Residency in Comal ISD such as current electric bill or copy of lease. Please note that the proof must be dated within 30 days of start of school.
- Proof of income (check stub must be dated within 60 days if the first day of school)
Kinder Ranch Elementary (Half-Day):
KRES, SES, TPES, ISES attendance zone
Bill Brown Elementary (Half-Day):
BBES, JRES, RBES and ASE attendance zone
Clear Spring Elementary (Half-Day):
CSES and FES attendance zone
Morningside Elementary (Half-Day):
MES and GRES attendance zone
Goodwin Frazier Elementary (Half-Day):
GFES, HLES and OCES attendance zone
*Rebecca Creek Elementary (Full-Day):
RCES and MVES attendance zone
*Startzville Elementary (Full-Day):
STZES and MVES attendance zone
*Attend RCES if you live:
West of Purgatory Rd. at FM 32 or
West of South Access Rd. at FM 306
*Attend STZES if you live:
East of Purgatory Rd. or
East of South Access Rd. at FM 306
Transportation is provided to school for morning Pre-K and from school for afternoon Pre-K. We do not offer midday busing. For more information, please contact Vickie Hernandez at (830) 221-2019.
State Prekindergarten resources:
Income Eligibility Guidelines
They are effective from July 1 through June 30 every year.
Director, Academic Support