State-Mandated Prekindergarten Program (Full Day)
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language: or
- Be educationally disadvantaged (Qualify for free/reduced lunch) please see below for IEGs; or
- Be homeless, as defined by 43 U.S.C. Section 11302; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Currently or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201; or
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
Income Eligibility Guidelines
What are the required documents for registration?
- Official Birth Certificate
- Photo Identification of parent/guardian enrolling student. Acceptable forms of ID include: Driver's License, Passport, DPS Issued ID Card, or Military ID.
- Childs Social Security number
- Current immunization record signed by a physician
- 1 Proof of Residency in Comal ISD such as a current electric bill or copy of the lease. Please note that the proof must be dated within 30 days of start of school.
- Proof of income (check stub must be dated within 60 days of the first day of school)
At least one of the following may be required to determine eligibility:
- A home language survey
- Proof that the student's score on the English oral language proficiency test is below the level designated for indicating English proficiency
- Documentation of the Language Proficiency Committee’s identification of the student as an English Learner
- Documentation that a district employee verified the student’s U.S. Department of Defense photo identification for children of active duty service members
- A statement of service from the installation adjutant general director of human resources for children of active members, mobilized reservists, or members of the Texas National Guard
- For children of service members who died or were killed, a copy of the death certificate using the service-appropriate DoD form or a DoD form that indicates death as the reason for the separation from service
- A copy of Purple Heart orders or citation for children of service members, mobilized reservists, or guardsmen who were wounded or injured in combat.
- Documentation that a service member is MIA for children of service members who are MIA
Full-Day Program Locations: 7:35 am - 3:10 pm
Will transportation be provided for my PreK child if my child attends a campus within my zoned boundary?
- In the case a student is attending the Pre-K program at their home campus and the student's physical address is eligible for transportation, you may qualify for service.
- Bus and boundaries information can be found on our district transportation website. https://www.comalisd.org/apps/pages/transportation/home
What if the prekindergarten program where my child is zoned to is full?
Please note that due to the limited number of spaces and capacity in each classroom, campus placement is determined by availability at the time of your completed registration process. In the event that a student’s zoned campus is full, the student may be redirected to a campus outside of their attendance zone. Each student’s campus of attendance will be confirmed once the registration process is complete.
What are the daily school hours for Pre-K?
Is after school care available for Pre-K students?
Does the full-day Pre-K program follow the standard CISD school calendar?
What will a full-day look like for Pre-K students?
What are the benefits of full-day Pre-K?
Are meals provided for Pre-K students?
Are all campuses offering full-day Bilingual/Dual Language programs for Pre-K students?
- Arlon Seay Elementary
- Clear Spring Elementary
- Kinder Ranch Elementary
- Morningside Elementary