Pre-Kinder State-Mandated Program
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language: or
- Be educationally disadvantaged (Qualify for free/reduced lunch) please see below for IEGs; or
- Be homeless, as defined by 43 U.S.C. Section 11302; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Currently or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201; or
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
What are the required documents for registration?
- Official Birth Certificate
- Photo Identification of parent/guardian enrolling student. Acceptable forms of ID include: Driver's License, Passport, DPS Issued ID Card, or Military ID.
- Childs Social Security number
- Current immunization record signed by a physician
- 1 Proof of Residency in Comal ISD such as a current electric bill or copy of the lease. Please note that the proof must be dated within 30 days of start of school.
- Proof of income (check stub must be dated within 60 days if the first day of school)
At least one of the following may be required to determine eligibility:
- A home language survey
- Proof that the student's score on the English oral language proficiency test is below the level designated for indicating English proficiency
- Documentation of the LPAC’s identification of the student as an English language learner
- Active-duty military:
- Documentation that a district employee verified the student’s U.S. Department of Defense photo identification for children of active duty service members
- A statement of service from the installation adjutant general director of human resources for children of active members, mobilized reservists, or members of the Texas National Guard
- For children of service members who died or were killed, a copy of the death certificate using the service-appropriate DoD form or a DoD form that indicates death as the reason for the separation from service
- A copy of Purple Heart orders or citation for children of service members, mobilized reservists, or guardsmen who were wounded or injured in combat.
- Documentation that a service member is MIA for children of service members who are MIA
- Foster Care: Verification Letter of Prekindergarten Eligibility from Department of Family Protective Services
- Proof of income – a pay stub dated within 60 days of first day of school, current TANF, or current SNAP eligibility letter
- Star of Texas Award: resolution (certificate)
Half-Day Program Locations
Full Day Program Locations
Attend RCES if you live:
- West of Purgatory Rd. at FM 32 or
- West of South Access Rd. at FM 306
- East of Purgatory Rd. or
- East of South Access Rd. at FM 306
Pre-K Income Eligibility guidelines