Pre-Kinder State-Mandated Program
Please note that enrollment information for the 2023-2024 school year will be available in May. Please check back or follow us on our social media for up-to-date information.
Comal ISD’s Prekindergarten program is a state-mandated program located at a central campus in your child’s attendance zone. To be eligible for enrollment in the state-mandated, Pre-K program, a child must be four years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language: or
- Be educationally disadvantaged (Qualify for free/reduced lunch) please see below for IEGs; or
- Be homeless, as defined by 43 U.S.C. Section 11302; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Currently or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201; or
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
For details on Pre-k Enrollment, please visit our 2022-23 Early Enrollment Site
What are the required documents for registration?
- Official Birth Certificate
- Photo Identification of parent/guardian enrolling student. Acceptable forms of ID include: Driver's License, Passport, DPS Issued ID Card, or Military ID.
- Childs Social Security number
- Current immunization record signed by a physician
- 1 Proof of Residency in Comal ISD such as a current electric bill or copy of the lease. Please note that the proof must be dated within 30 days of start of school.
- Proof of income (check stub must be dated within 60 days if the first day of school)
At least one of the following may be required to determine eligibility:
- A home language survey
- Proof that the student's score on the English oral language proficiency test is below the level designated for indicating English proficiency
- Documentation of the LPAC’s identification of the student as an English language learner
- Active-duty military:
- Documentation that a district employee verified the student’s U.S. Department of Defense photo identification for children of active duty service members
- A statement of service from the installation adjutant general director of human resources for children of active members, mobilized reservists, or members of the Texas National Guard
- For children of service members who died or were killed, a copy of the death certificate using the service-appropriate DoD form or a DoD form that indicates death as the reason for the separation from service
- A copy of Purple Heart orders or citation for children of service members, mobilized reservists, or guardsmen who were wounded or injured in combat.
- Documentation that a service member is MIA for children of service members who are MIA
- Foster Care: Verification Letter of Prekindergarten Eligibility from Department of Family Protective Services
- Proof of income – a pay stub dated within 60 days of first day of school, current TANF, or current SNAP eligibility letter
- Star of Texas Award: resolution (certificate)
Half Day Program Locations: a.m. pre-k: 7:35-10:55: a.m. pre-K: 11:50 a.m.- 3:10 p.m.
Arlon Seay Elementary
ASES, BBES, JRES, and RBES attendance zone
Clear Spring Elementary
CSES and FES attendance zone
Goodwin Frazier Elementary
GFES, HLES and OCES attendance zone
Kinder Ranch Elementary
KRES, SES, TPES, ISES attendance zone
MES and GRES attendance zone
Full Day Program Locations: 7:35 a.m.-3:10 p.m.
Rebecca Creek Elementary
RCES and MVES attendance zone
Attend RCES if you live:
- West of Purgatory Rd. at FM 32 or
- West of South Access Rd. at FM 306
STZES and MVES attendance zone
Attend STZES if you live:
- East of Purgatory Rd. or
- East of South Access Rd. at FM 306
Transportation is provided to school for morning Pre-K and from school for afternoon Pre-K for those within approved busing zones. We do not offer midday busing. For more information, please contact Gladys Saavedra at (830) 221-2163.
State Prekindergarten resources:
Income Eligibility Guidelines
They are effective from July 1 through June 30 every year.
2022-23 Pre-K Income Eligibility Guidelines