The Board of Trustees approved a $397.7 million bond package during their February board workshop. Voters will be presented with this package on May 2 with early voting taking place April 20-28.
As a result of Texas Senate Bill 30 passed this summer, certain projects must be presented as separate propositions to voters. Because of this new requirement, the 2020 bond package will include four propositions for voters to consider. Collectively, these propositions equal the total bond package of $397.7 million.
The bond package will include items for:
- Elementary School #19 to relieve Clear Spring and Freiheit Elementary
- Elementary School #20 to relieve Morningside and Garden Ridge Elementary
- Middle School #8 to address growth and relieve Pieper Ranch Middle School
- The purchase of land for future schools
- The purchase of 85 buses for growth and replacement of aging vehicles
- Investment of $7.2 million in safety & security
- Funds for capital projects to address needs at various existing facilities across Comal ISD.
- Canyon High School girls/boys weight room, lockers, and wrestling facility
- Canyon Lake High School baseball/softball practice facility
- Mountain Valley Middle School baseball/softball practice fields
- Smithson Valley High School girls/boys soccer locker room and girls/boys wrestling facility
- Multi-Use Event Center Pavilion