The health and safety of students and staff is our priority
Comal ISD has developed a health and safety plan based on current state and local guidance (which is subject to change) and research regarding the spread of COVID-19 with the following strategies:
- Monitor symptoms and exposure through daily health screenings and case management
- Promote personal hygiene practices
- Social distance to mitigate viral spread
- Clean facilities to ensure a safe environment for our campus communities
We know you have lots of questions
Will face coverings be required?
- All staff will be required to wear a face covering or face shield when distancing measures cannot be maintained.
- All students for whom it is developmentally appropriate, regardless of age or grade, are required to wear a face covering when social distancing requirements cannot be maintained.
- All visitors must wear a face shield or face covering when social distancing cannot be maintained
Why do we have to wear a face covering if it doesn’t matter for close contact?
Will students need to complete a health screener before coming to school?
Will you be taking my child’s temperature before he/she enters the building?
Will all the classrooms have hand sanitizer?
Will students change classes like previous years or stay in a classroom while the teachers rotate?
Yes, students will change classes as in previous years. Options of rotating teachers are being discussed and may be initiated where feasible.
Will students have recess?
How will lunch be handled for on-campus students?
Will my child still go to Specials (music, PE, art, etc.)?
Will my child have to remain at their desk all day long?
Will my child be able to interact with students outside their classroom?
Will students be sharing school supplies?
Can my child bring their own laptop for use at school?
How will Comal ISD monitor exposure and positive cases on campus?
What if a student begins showing symptoms during the school day?
When a case occurs in a classroom, does the entire class and the teacher(s) need to quarantine for 14 days? (Updated: 8/27/20)
Will students have to wear face coverings while on the bus?
Will students be required to social distance while on the bus?
How often will buses be cleaned?