Health & Safety Guidelines
Do students need to complete a health screener before coming to school?
Do all the classrooms have hand sanitizer?
How is Comal ISD monitoring exposure and positive cases on campus?
What if a student begins showing symptoms during the school day?
When a case occurs in a classroom, does that whole class and the teacher(s) need to quarantine for 10 days? (Updated: 12/04/20)
- 10 days after their date of exposure, if no symptoms have developed
- Seven (7) days after their date of exposure if they receive a negative test result taken after day five, and no symptoms have developed
- If symptoms develop at any point during quarantine, individuals will need to remain off campus for 14 days after their date of exposure
- being directly exposed to infectious secretions (i.e. being coughed or sneezed on); or
- being within six feet for a largely uninterrupted period throughout the course of a day totaling approximately 15 minutes. If both individuals are properly masked, they are not considered to be in close contact.
- both individuals are wearing a medical or non-medical grade disposable or cloth face covering that covers the mouth and nose
- both individuals are wearing the face covering for the entire duration of the contact time period
- Face shields (when worn alone) and neck gaiters do not eliminate an individual from being considered a close contact
Are there plexiglass dividers between desks?
Are desks cleaned between class changes?
Are student desks separated 6 feet apart?
What are the procedures for handwashing during the day?
What practical methods will be in place to ensure social distancing during natural gathering times, i.e., dismissal?
Are face coverings required?
- All staff are required to wear a face covering or face shield when distancing measures cannot be maintained.
- All students for whom it is developmentally appropriate, regardless of age or grade, are required to wear a face covering when social distancing requirements cannot be maintained.
- All visitors must wear a face shield or face covering when social distancing cannot be maintained
Why is it important to wear face coverings?
The use of a face covering minimizes the risk of viral spread on campus which reduces the number of positive cases we will see stem from exposure on campus. Face coverings are critical in common areas of the building where an individual may cough or sneeze, and another individual may come in contact with respiratory droplets. When combined with frequent cleaning practices and good hand hygiene practices, face coverings are our best defense in keeping our schools open.
Do teachers wear face coverings while teaching?
Does the school supply face coverings?
How will the campus enforce the wearing of face coverings?
Will Special Education students with disabilities be required to wear face coverings?
Are face shields an acceptable face covering?
If Governor Abbott changes the face covering requirement will the district continue to mandate them?
At what times of the day are students allowed to take off their face coverings?
How long will face coverings and social distancing guidelines be required?