Growth & Investment - Proposition B
The following items are part of Proposition B for Bond 2021:
- Elementary School #19 to relieve Clear Spring and Freiheit Elementary
- Elementary School #20 to relieve Morningside and Garden Ridge Elementary
- Middle School #8 to address growth and relieve Pieper Ranch Middle School
- HCCPHS Replacement site to allow for program/enrollment growth
- The purchase of land for future schools
- The purchase of 85 buses for growth and replacement of aging vehicles
- Funds for safety and security and campus infrastructure and reinvestment projects.
Proposition B FAQs
What campuses will Elementary #19 and #20 relieve and where will they be located?
What will be the capacity of the new elementary schools?
Will Elementary #19 and #20 open with all grade levels?
When will the new elementary campuses open?
What campuses will Middle School #8 relieve?
What will be the student capacity of Middle School #8?
Will Middle School #8 open with all grade levels?
Where will Middle School #8 be located?
How will this bond address existing facilities?
What projects are funded out of the operations budget vs. bond funds?
While some routine maintenance is funded by the operations budget, there are not enough funds available to take care of all of the facility projects without diverting funds from other areas such as compensation, programs, or increasing class sizes. Therefore, bond funds are directed to facility projects such as new schools and major campus improvement projects.
What is the difference between a capital expense and operating expenses?
Why is the bond package split up into four propositions?
- (1) The construction, acquisition, or equipment of a stadium with seating capacity for more than 1,000 spectators;
- (2) The construction, acquisition, or equipment of a natatorium;
- (3) The construction, acquisition, or equipment of another recreational facility other than a gymnasium, playground, or play area;
- (4) The construction, acquisition, or equipment of a performing arts facility;
- (5) The construction, acquisition, or equipment of housing for teachers; and
- (6) An acquisition or update of technology equipment, other than equipment used for school security purposes or technology infrastructure integral to the construction of a facility.