May 26, 2022 - The Comal Independent School District is kicking off a series of five summer job fairs next week. The fast-growth district is hiring for all positions including after-school childcare, child nutrition, custodians, facilities maintenance, paraprofessionals both instructional and office staff, teachers, technology, transportation, special education and substitutes.
Currently, the district, which covers 589 square miles and includes Comal County as well as portions of Bexar, Guadalupe, Hays and Kendall counties, has a high demand for teachers, bus drivers, instructional paraprofessionals, licensed specialists in school psychology (LSSP) and licensed speech pathologists (LSP).
The district serves 10 communities with 32 campuses including 18 elementary, seven middle schools and seven high schools in Bulverde, Canyon Lake, Garden Ridge, Fischer, New Braunfels, the northern tip of San Antonio, Sattler, Smithson Valley, Spring Branch and Startzville. Two new elementary campuses and a new middle school are under construction and will open in the fall of 2023.
Comal ISD Summer Job Fairs
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Tuesday, May 31, at Bill Brown Elementary, 20410 Hwy. 46, in Spring Branch
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Wednesday, June 1, at Danville Middle School, 370 Hubertus, New Braunfels
- 5-7 p.m. Thursday, June 2, at the district’s Support Services Building, 1404 IH 35 N., New Braunfels
- 5-7 p.m. Monday, July 11, at the district’s Support Services Building, 1404 IH 35 N., New Braunfels.
- 5-7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 4, at the district’s Support Services Building, 1404 IH 35 N., New Braunfels
Available positions may be found on the district’s website at www.comalisd.org/jobs/. Anyone needing further assistance may call 830-221-2102.
Join the Comal ISD team today.